Seplat were keen to find the right consultancy partner for this project – this meant the right oil and gas business systems experience, but also a willingness to resource the project with a team in Nigeria.
They wanted partners who would be fully responsible for the implementation, work closely with their team to gain a stronger understanding of Seplat, create a full solution that covered ways of working as well as system development and fully train their finance team to be self-sufficient post Go Live.
Seplat were keen to review all possible system options, so we worked with the finance team in Lagos on an intensive discovery process and high level system comparison. This initial analysis identified SunSystems as the best business solution, providing everything Seplat required now, and providing future options through its seamless integration with the full suite of business solutions.
Working closely with the Seplat teams, we developed a design specification covering both the IT systems & infrastructure, and any changes to ways of working that would drive maximum benefit from the solution.
Outcomes and Benefits for Seplat
- Seplat’s finance team are now fully trained and have taken full ownership of their financial solution
- There have been time savings – the team spend less time processing data and generating reports, enabling more time to strategically analyse the outputs and improve workflows
- Seplat are benefitting from better quality data, and they have full confidence in the underpinning numbers
- The solution has improved visibility of financial information, enabling better cash management
- A central repository in SunSystems provides a single source of data, which is accessible securely from anywhere in the world
- The finance solution provides a solid foundation that is fully flexible and scalable, to align to Seplat’s future growth