Supporting your operational and financial processes when working remotely
Now more than ever, working remotely is critical to the operations of many businesses. Whether travelling, on-site at a wind farm, mine, oil well or electricity substation, or working from home, it is essential that communication is maintained to ensure the smooth running of your operations.
“COVID-19 is forcing companies to accelerate their transformation to be all-digital globally. Everyone should have access to the same information to do their jobs… These new ways of working more efficiently not only will change the nature of the workplace but will make companies more effective.”
Here we describe how Progressive TSL use Infor OS and Ming.le to extend the power of Infor’s Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System out into the field. If you are looking for a full end-to-end mobile solution, Progressive can also now offer Zebra mobile devices.
Mobile solutions for operatives in the field.
Incorporating remote working technology into your Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solution means information from the EAM can be sent out to the operative’s mobile devices and in turn they can send key information back to the EAM, keeping central systems up to date with progress out in the field. Processes supported include:
- Access to assigned Work Orders directly from the mobile device – including Bill of Materials (BOM), equipment, tools and SLAs
- Access to work permits, safety instructions and maintenance history for an asset
- Scan RFID tags
- Collect electronic signatures
- Provide feedback via checklists and update work status
- Report on stock levels
- Download instructions as videos, images or text
- Track location of operatives using GPS coordinates
Manage approvals wherever you are
Infor OS facilitates the implementation of approval workflows both for financial and operational processes in line with a company’s Delegation of Authority (DOA). Deployment of the Infor OS Ming.le application onto mobile devices enables:
- Financial Approvals on the go – senior managers can continue to approve payments meaning accounting processes are not stalled when key executives leave the office.
- Permit to Work – supervisors can approve operational activities such as maintenance and inspection Permit-to-Work workflows.
Zebra Technology ruggedised mobile devices
Alongside the Infor mobile technology solutions that Progressive TSL offer, we have also recently partnered with Zebra Technologies to provide cutting-edge mobile devices including rugged tablets, handheld devices, RFID readers and mobile barcode printers.
Progressive TSL can deploy Infor OS and Infor EAM technology onto these Zebra devices to send information from Infor EAM out to operatives and finance managers to offer a unique end-to-end remote working solution – ideal for asset-intensive businesses.
Contact Progressive TSL to find out how our mobile solutions can keep your operations and finance team working smoothly, wherever they are.